Friday 6 February 2015

Week 3, Manila MTC, Philippines

Hey everyone! The MTC is really awesome with the language + Food! For dessert we get ice-cream like 3 times a week at dinner, so they a soft serve machine, toppings and a bunch of cups. They say to only have on cup of ice-cream but that's never really the case hahaha. Other than ice-cream they'll give us a Philippines dessert, cream and jelly. We get that dessert maybe every other day at either lunch or dinner.

Last Friday in the arvo (so after I sent emails) they called me and my companion to be Zone Leaders, which is pretty weird as we had only been at the MTC for 2 weeks at the time! My other companion Elder Golden (we're in a trio) leaves this Wednesday for the field so he didn't get called as a zone leader but he got called as a district leader. So Zone Leader you look after the entire Zone (duh) so for me it's all the Language training missionaries here. We're in charge of running gym, roll call and leadership training meetings. The MTC Presidency also will ask us to run devotionals out of the blue hahaha so last week we got told in the arvo that we had to run a 2ish hour devotional for the zone, for that evening hahaha wasn't too hard as it was based of a 50min talk by Elder Bednar so we only had to do an hour of stuff hahaha.

I'm with Elder Perkins for the entire time here at the MTC and he's the other ZL but 1 week Elder Golden arrived and joined our companionship but he leaves this Wednesday as he already went through Provo MTC.

Most of the LTM's (language training missionaries) are either from NZ, Tonga, Samoa, Australia or the States.

Last Friday after I sent emails we went out can found this lady who makes all these rings for missionaries, so I bought one for 400peso so that'd like $12AUD? It has Philippines Quezon City North Mission engraved on the outside and then I think it has my name engraved on the inside. I ordered it last week so I’m picking it up today. There is also a janitor in the MTC who sells watches which are really nice but I’m 90% sure they're fake (brands like g shock, Ripcurl, etc.) but they are pretty decent quality and really cheap 350-450 peso's so like $10-$13 AUD!


Anyway, my favourite part of the day is Between Lunch and Dinner because we have two meals, gym at 3pm and then language trainging, online language training and additional study.

Well that's all the time I have, love to you all!

Elder Holzworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment